Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Bed confusion

Last night when Neil and I went upstairs to take his bath, I asked Neil if he'd like to go see Lyla's room.  We've been spending some time in her room in order for him to get more and more used to it.  Well, last night Neil realized that his old bed was in Lyla's room - it was so cute.  He asked to get into "his" bed and proceeded to lay his little head on Lyla's blanket and curled up with her "lovey."  It was SO cute!  I explained to him that this was now Lyla's bed and she was going to be home soon to sleep in it - he seemed okay with it...for now.

I honestly can't believe that Lyla will be here 3 weeks from this Friday.  My belly feels so tight and Lyla is moving around in there like crazy.  I guess the quarters are getting tight and she's as uncomfortable as I am.  You should see it - I just waddle down the hallway at work.  It's bad!  I don't know if I'm ready for Lyla to be here mentally, but I am definitely ready physically.  I told Rodney that I'm starting to get nervous about the C-section.  BTW - we got to take a peak at her position in my belly at our last visit and Lyla is pretty much transverse (sideways across my belly).  I have another appointment on Friday - we'll see if she's moved at all.  So, looks like a C-section may have been in my future regardless of my preference!

1 comment:

rachel said...

what is it with these hancock kids wanting to come out sideways?