Friday, July 3, 2009

Lyla Francis Hancock, June 25, 2009

So, I know I'm VERY behind in updating this blog but I'm going to try and post a few things to get at least somewhat caught up on my life over the last 3 months.

The night before Lyla's arrival we decided to keep the tradition alive and eat at Sweetwater Cafe - just as we had done the night before Neil arrived. Mary Robin was here for the birth so she was able to join us too! Me, my mom, Rodney, Neil, Lindsay and Mary Robin all had a great dinner - just perfect for my "last supper."



Rodney and I checked into the hospital as planned about 8:15 Thursday morning, June 25th and things moved pretty quickly. We were back in the OR about 10:15 and Lyla was born at 10:34 AM. It was definitely a different and more difficult experience than the first time, but I really think since I knew more of what was going on that I thought about it more and got myself a little worked up. Needless to say, it wasn't a pleasant experience, but I'm sure it could have been worse. Rodney had a more interesting experience this time too - he'll have to tell that story!

Getting ready for surgery





This is my first glance at Lyla's beautiful face!


She was 7 lbs and 7 oz. and about 19 1/2 inches long. DG and Nanny were there to greet her as she came into the nursery. We had wonderful friends come to meet her - I honestly don't remember much about the first day or two, but I do know that we were very well taken care of and shown much love and attention! It's amazing how much Lyla looks like Neil when he was born. I need to get those pictures and post them too - it's just crazy!

No comments: