Monday, April 14, 2008

Neil found his feet (not that they were lost!)

Neil is so active these days. Shannon watch Neil for me on Friday for a little bit and he was rolling back to front and front to back! I still haven't seen him roll from his back to his stomach, but he did it for his Aunt Shannon - hopefully I'll catch him soon on camera.

We had some people over to watch the Masters today and Neil loves being passed around from one person to the next. I took a video tonight and I'm going to try and get it posted here - we'll see how easy this really is! The first video I tried didn't work - not looking good for me. This one is of Neil starting to play with his feet. I've been waiting for him to find his feet and the time has finally come!

Well, it looks like this is going to work - MUCH easier than the old website by the way. And my new computer lets me simply stick my memory card straight from my camera into the front of my computer. This couldn't be any easier!

Neil has been so funny lately getting himself on a schedule without me even realizing it. Nancy (Rodney's mom) usually keeps Neil all day Monday and Thursday as well as Friday mornings, but she was out of town last week for jury duty. It has been SO long since I've spent a full week with Neil all day every day. He has a pretty good schedule going now:

7:30 - rise and shine. Neil talks to himself in his crib for a good 10 minutes before I go in his room to get him. He is so content in his bed just talking to himself. He doesn't really cry - just let's me know he's awake and it's time to come and get him. I go into his room and it's the sweetest thing in the whole world - he's SO excited to see me every morning. It just never gets old! I pick him up and change him then we read a few books to start the day. He doesn't eat a lot when he first wakes up - he's a funny kid. Then we go into my bedroom and he sits in his Bumbo while I get ready for work.

8-10:30 - Neil watches me get ready, then we do some tummy time (floor time), walk outside a little bit and play in the bouncer. He really likes to sit outside.

10:30 - 11:00 - The last few days Neil has fallen asleep for about 30 minutes after I give him his mid-morning bottle. He must wear himself out with all that playtime!

11 - 2:00 - Once Neil wakes up, he's ready to eat a full bottle and play all over again.

2 -4:00 - This is the time Neil usually takes his long nap of the day. This was my time to actually do a little bit of work this week. When he wakes up he eats again - usually about 6 oz. or so.

4 - 6:00 - Playtime again.

6 - 6:30 - Neil usually falls asleep again for a few minutes after he has his late afternoon bottle. He gets up and plays some more until he gets a bottle around 8:00 and goes to bed for the night. I do wake him up at 10:30 for his "dream feeding" and that is still working well, so I'm going to stick with that for now.

A day in the life of Neil - wouldn't that be nice!!

Oh - BTW, a year ago today I found out I was pregnant with Neil! I can't believe that was one year ago. Time really does fly by so quickly.

3 comments:

CC said...

I LOVE this video and new blog, Ma'am! Keep it up, I can't wait to read/see more. XO

Anonymous said...

Absolutely precious! I love the new website, can't wait to see ya'll in a couple of weeks!

CBenson412 said...

Oh this breaks my heart to see how much auntie Caroline is missing. He is growing sooo much. I love the video and getting to see how active he is. I miss yall so much. Please give my sweet baby boy a kiss for me and tell him I will see him soon. I love yall.